If you are a foodie who loves a good adventure, you’ve definitely come to the right place! Travel with us around the world as we discover the wackiest dishes that you can sample across the globe. From Fugu sushi in Japan and white truffles in Italy, to muskox in Greenland and deep-fried Mars bars in Scotland…here are 20 foods that will delight or surprise you. Bon Appétit!
1. In Japan you can treat yourself to a plate of Fugu sashimi or sushi. But beware - this fish is highly toxic and if prepared by an inexperienced cook, it could kill you. Fancy a bite?
2. Travel to Italy if you wish to try some "white gold". Selling at about £3000 a pound, this variety of truffles has rightfully earned its name!
3. In Greenland, you can expect to see Muskox meat on the menu....along with 159 types of horseradish.
4. Fermented shark meat is not something for everyone. Icelanders, however, enjoy this local specialty.
5. When in Scotland, eat like the Scottish - how about an infamous artery clogging deep-friend Mars bar?